Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰丰)

My parents came to Singapore for holiday, so me and my sister wanted to treat them dinner. We wanted to go to a nice restaurant (preferably chinese food) and of course.. not too expensive :P

In the end, we decided to go to Din Tai Fung :)



It is a Taiwanese restaurant, complete with elegant wooden table and a unique container to put our bags :)



Crispy Golden Prawn Pancakes - S$8.50 *



If you are a shrimp lover, then you have to try this!!! The skin was crispy and the shrimp was really fresh ..



Fried Rice with Shreded Pork and Eggs - S$8.50 *

The fried rice is quite famous and now I know why...



The rice was very fragrant and tasty. Although I'm not a big fan of fried rice, but this one was quite good (my hubby said it was really good)



Stir Fried Spinach with Garlic - S$8.00 *

The spinach was fresh and good especially when you eat it while it's still hot.

Din Tai Fung is famous for its Xiao Long Bao. But since everytime we come here, we always order that, so now we wanted to try something else.



Steamed Shrimp and Pork Dumpling *
(6 pcs) S$7.00
(10 pcs) S$9.80



For the filling: shrimp, pork and soup.. very tasty!! And it's good to eat it with the ginger strips and soy sauce... (I think my saliva come out already, just by seeing the picture -_-!)



Steamed Yam Paste Dumpling *
(6 pcs) S$5.80
(10 pcs) S$7.80

When my sister ordered this, honestly I'm not to sure about the taste. I even said that my mom won't like it. But she said that my mom likes yam so she will definitely love this yam paste dumpling.



Well, I have to admit that although it doesn't look convincing on the outside, even the picture doesn't look that wonderful, but it tasted quite nice (never judge the book by its cover haha!)



Vermicelli Soup with Deep-fried Beancurd and Minced Meat Ball - S$7.80 *

This is my favourite dish. The beancurd was tender, the soup was tasty and the minced meat ball was simply yummy.



I prefer glass vermicelli to noodle...



Noodle with Minced Pork in Bean Sauce - S$7.00 *

My hubby ordered this dish, and he said that it tasted good but not exceptional.



Anyway, hubby was happy to eat here :) (There goes his fake smile again -_-!)

* There will be 10% service charge n 7% GST

Overall rating : 3/5

If you wanted to treat your parents/friends or just want to have a special dinner with you love ones, then I recommend this place :)

Outlets:

Please refer to the website: http://www.breadtalk.com/dintaifung/contactus.php

Operating Hours:
Mondays - Fridays: 11am - 10pm
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 10am - 10pm
Last Order at 9.30pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails