Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In The Beginning...

As a newly-wedded wife, and having a husband who likes to eat, I need to learn to cook.

I came from Indonesia. Back then when I was still living with my parents, I was very pampered. My mom was the one who cook, and I had a maid to make my bed, iron my clothes and do all the house chores.

So when I moved to Singapore, I really started from zero. I needed to make my bed, wash and iron my clothes, and do other house chores. And most of all... I needed to learn how to cook! I cannot just eat instant noodle everyday (that will be very unhealthy) or always buy outside food (it is costly and I didn't have any income then).

Since I never learn to cook before, the first meal that I did was clear soup. Just boil some water, and then put potatoes, carrots and sausages or luncheon meat and a lil bit salt. Done. You can either have the soup only (make sure you put a lot of potatoes :P) or you can have it with rice.

I also cooked simple foods like fried rice, fried egg, etc. For the meat, I only buy mince meat.

Until I met my husband, I learn to cook more dishes. I remember the first time I cooked fish, he was standing beside me and gave me instructions on how to cook it -_-!

My husband motivates me to cook. I like to cook for him. And everytime he finished his food, he will evaluate my cooking so I will learn to improve. He has a good appetite, and his mom is a good cook. That's why sometimes he asks me to cook certain dishes to remember his mom's cooking.

Currently I'm still learning how to cook, and due to tight budget and health concern, I try to cook simple and healthy dishes.

Sometimes, we also go out for dinner. But it is very difficult to find a good place with a good price. I tried to check some websites that provide reviews for certain restaurant, but most of them never indicate the price.

And that's how this blog come about.

In this blog, I will put some of those simple dishes that I learned. I also include some food reviews from eateries that is value for money.

Hope you will find this blog useful :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails