Wednesday, August 25, 2010

(Probably) The Best Ang Gu Kueh In Singapore

When my ex-colleague came back from her maternity leave, she bought some snacks for us.

She lived at Choa Chu Kang but was willing to travel to Bedok just to buy the snacks because she thinks they are the best.

She bought some rice cakes and Ang Gu Kueh (Red Tortoise Cake). When I saw the Ang Gu Kueh, it brings back my childhood memory.



It looks solid, non-grease and full compare to other Ang Gu Kueh that I ever tried before.

One bite is all it takes to make me fall in love with it.



The filling is made from ground nuts and it's very full. The sweetness is just nice.

2 years past, and I never forget that taste. When me and my husband were going to pay a visit to our friend's dad who likes Ang Gu Kueh, I decided to buy the kueh from that shop.



The shop is located in the HDB area. From the look, you can see that the shop is quite old.



I bought 1 box (10 pcs).

Price : $0.70/pc (1 box is $7.00)



Woow.. look at those Ang Gu Kueh.. yummy ^^

Rating : 4.5/5

I also bought 5 pcs for my hubby and bro in-law.

There are also other choices of filling, such as yam, coconut and salty.

Here is the full address of the shop



How to get there:
* Alight at Bedok MRT
Take bus No. 225 at the interchange (Bedok North Avenue 1)
Alight at Blk 534, Bedok North Street 3, 4 stops later
* Or you can take taxi. It will cost about $3 to $5.

Btw, my ex-colleague also recommended me to buy the rice cakes, but I haven't tried them yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails