Saturday, October 9, 2010

Codfish Village

It all start when my parents stayed in Toa Payoh area. They found "Codfish Village", a restaurant that sells Codfish. It was located at Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, near Toa Payoh MRT. The fish was very nice, so we decided to go there again.

When we were at Toa Payoh MRT, my sister was joking and said, "What if the restaurant had moved or closed? We need their phone number". I said, "Well.. the fish was nice, and the restaurant was full almost everyday, so I don't think they will close down".

My mom, my sister and her husband make a move to the restaurant first, while me and my dad were waiting for my hubby. Then, my sister called me, "The restaurant had moved to Lorong 7. I think you need to take a bus to go there. We will walk from here.." So, the 3 of us take a bus (No. 153).

The restaurant owner still recognizes us, and she was very happy to see us. She said she had just sold the place at Lorong 1 and moved to Lorong 7 two days ago, and she was glad that we took the trouble to patronize her.

These are what we ordered:



Claypot Codfish Head (Curry) ---> I forgot to check the price -___-! Sorry...



The curry was nice, hot and spicy.. Quite thick and tasty. Mixed with pineapple and eggplant, makes it a good mixture.



The fish head consist of mainly fat and a little bit of meat only.



The meat was quite rough, and it didn't blend in with the curry paste :( My hubby said, it was not too fresh.



Beancurd Fried with Kang Kong - $5 / $7 / $9

The Kang Kong was nice. My hubby likes it very much...



Crispy Baby Sotong - $12 / $16 / $20



This is my mom's favorite. They fried the baby sotong until it's very crispy. It tasted sweet and sour, served with cucumber and pineapple pickle.



Coffee Pork Ribs (Boneless) - $10 / $15 / $20

The taste was quite unique. Not too sweet, but I almost couldn't smell the coffee.

In the end the owner gave us a 20% discount to thank us for visiting them, even though they have moved away :)



Address:

Codfish Village
Blk 4 #01-107
Lorong 7 Toa Payoh
Singapore 310004
Phone: 6251 6008

Operating Hours:
Mondays - Sundays: 11.00am - 2.30pm, 5.00pm–11.00pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails