Monday, October 25, 2010

Pan-Fried Dumpling (Guo Tie 锅贴)



Today I was planning to make guo tie. But everything went wrong! The garlic chives turns out bad, the sesame oil was out, the bean vermicelli (so hoon) that I bought turns out to be rice vermicelli (bee hoon), and to make things even worse.. the gyonza skin that I kept in the fridge got fungus...

So I asked my hungry hubby to go to the market to buy some dishes (since we already cooked the rice) and to buy some gyonza skin + sesame oil.

We went home around 8pm, and I manage to wrapped and cooked the guo tie in 15 minutes. The guo tie turned out to be just nice. Even though we had our dinner very very late, but I think it's worth it haha..

Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
Servings: 2
Difficulty: Medium

Ingredients:
- 120gr mince meat
- 120gr shelled and deveined prawns
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp garlic chives (ku chai)
- 1 tbsp spring onion
- 1 tbsp bean vermicelli
- 0.5 yellow toufu, cut into small pieces (normally I used yunyi toufu)
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 0.5 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (Kikoman)
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- gyoza skin, as needed (The wrappers are round and a little thicker than wonton wrappers)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
Sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- 3 slices ginger, sliced thinly

Directions:
1. Combine the mince meat, prawns, garlic, ku chai, spring onion, toufu and bean vermicelli with salt, pepper, sugar, sesame oil, tapioca starch, soy sauce and chinese wine



If you noticed, I didn't put the toufu coz I cannot find yunyi toufu here. So if you are in Bandung, wah.... you are lucky...

2. Fill the gyoza skin --> check here to know how to wrap it



I was very hungry and in a hurry so I couldn't check the internet on how to wrap the guo tie properly. Nevertheless, I still manage to wrap it nicely.

3. Cover the bottom of the skillet with the cooking oil
4. Arrange the guo tie in the skillet
5. Pan-fry on high heat for about 2 minutes
6. Add about 1.5cm inch of water, quickly cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium high, and let it cook for about 5 minutes until the water evaporates.
7. Serve with the dipping sauce

I didn't take a lot of pictures coz I was in a hurry and quite hungry -_-!

Lucky, the guo tie taste quite good haha! It is the first time I cooked the dish. Well.. there's always room for improvement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails